View Single Post
Old February 21 2013, 10:08 AM   #234
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader

Re: "King's Speech" director to take on "Les Miserables"

Sci wrote: View Post
stj wrote: View Post
Hathaway's performance of course isn't bad. But it's of a piece of the musical Les Mis, which in my opinion just isn't a very good moviie. I suppose the last Oscar contender in this vein was Oliver!.
Chicago, actually. Winner of the 2002 Academy Award for Best Picture.

As for Anne Hathaway, I'm rooting for her. But I have a longstanding celebrity crush on her and believe she can do no wrong, so I am biased. Were it up to me, Anne Hathaway would get all the Oscars.
I'm biased towards her too. How can you not like her? She's a throw back to the old days of movies. A young, talented, beautiful young lady who, if not this Sunday, will win at least one Oscar in her career. She does have it all, beauty, grace, talent, a beautiful singing voice and if she's as good a dancer as a singer, she could almost be a female Gene Kelly. I say almost, because Gene Kelly is the epitome of the actor/singer/dancer/looker.
Imogene, get serious! Who do you think you're talking to?! I've known you for 27 years, and all I can say is, if God was giving out sexually transmitted diseases to people as a punishment for sinning, then you would be at the free clinic all the time! And so would the rest of us!
--Julia Sugarbaker
Vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote