View Single Post
Old February 20 2013, 10:49 PM   #208
Franklin
Rear Admiral

Re: COUNTDOWN TO DARKNESS 5-page preview

BillJ wrote: View Post
Franklin wrote: View Post
Interesting gap in the timeline, here as laid out by the comic:
-- Starting with the year in the comic being 2258.
-- April disappeared and was declared dead in 2238.
-- April's Enterprise was decommissioned in 2256.
-- That leaves an eighteen year gap where there had to be another captain or captains of the Enterprise April had commanded. Alex Marcus (Peter Weller)?

April also says he was a captain for ten years until his last mission. He doesn't say if all of that was on his Enterprise, but if it was, that means it was built before Nero changed the timeline. Or, it could be April's Enterprise was built any time shortly after the Kelvin incident, and the ST09 Enterprise is the second Enterprise built in that timeline.
Any inconsistencies I'll just chalk up to time-travel shenanigans in the new timeline. Best to just not think about it.
Maybe Marcus captained it for a while (which would be interesting because of the rumors -- just rumors -- that came out long before this comic that Weller plays Carol's dad), then Pike captained it until its decommissioning. After that, Pike was given a ground assignment at Starfleet Academy as well as overseeing the construction of the new Enterprise, which he was to captain. Yeah. I like that. I'll go with that. That's MY canon!

Last edited by Franklin; February 20 2013 at 11:06 PM.
Franklin is online now   Reply With Quote