View Single Post
Old February 20 2013, 09:19 PM   #14
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.
Re: TNG re-released on DVD

heavy lids wrote: View Post
Considering I don't have a blu-ray player and I don't plan on buying one any time soon, I think I may buy these. I don't own any TNG on DVD and I'd prefer these over the complete series set that I heard has terrible packaging.
DJ Mike wrote: View Post
A crying shame - even in DVD format the remastered episodes would look leaps and bounds ahead of the original releases.
Not everyone is interested in new technology and/or don't wish to commit funds to it - that's a totally understandable position, and I accept it completely.

But I must say, nowadays, you can pick up a basic Blu-ray player for a comparatively small investment. Superstores (Tesco, ASDA etc.) in the UK are selling decks for as little as 30.00 currently.

You can connect BD players to older standard definition CRT and/or flat panel televisions if you wish (setting output resolution appropriately) - and STILL benefit from visibly superior picture quality.

BD players are totally backwards compatible with your old DVD collection as well. When you weigh it up, I think investing in a BD player makes sense.