View Single Post
Old February 20 2013, 06:30 PM   #1819
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Spocky8492 wrote: View Post
Talking about Khan's exile on Ceti Alpha V, what is the link or the difference between the book To Reign in Hell: The Exile of Khan Noonien Singh and the comics Khan: Ruling in Hell? Ok, you will tell me that one is a book and the other one is a comics, but except that. They seems to happen during the same period on Ceti Alpha V. Do they detail different period? Are they redundant or it can be interesting to read both? Or on the contrary they contain discrepancies?
I've only read a couple issues of the comic, but my impression is that the book and the comic are two completely different takes on that period of Khan's life. I told my version in the novel, and IDW came up with their own version a few years later. Certainly, the comics are in no way based on the book.

Which is cool. Neither of us invented Khan, so I can hardly get territorial here. We both started from the same place, with the facts established in "Space Seed" and Wrath of Khan, then went off in different directions.

Is the IDW version available as a graphic novel yet? I keep meaning to pick that up for my Khan collection

Last edited by Greg Cox; February 20 2013 at 06:51 PM.
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote