View Single Post
Old February 20 2013, 06:07 PM   #9
Jono
Rear Admiral

Re: Post DW questions

Loskene wrote: View Post
Jono wrote: View Post
^ Why would the GQ Dominion be as vulnerable as the AQ powers? They just spent 2 years not fighting a war on home ground. Their loss might see a rise of rebellious activity inside their borders due to a chink in their aura of invincibility, but with the return of their AQ forces the GQ Dominion would be stronger, not weaker
Why are you pointing at my post and using words I never used. I said more vulnerable, not weaker. 4 powers running on a military economy who hate your guts vs 2 running on a civilian economy plus a big ally in Cardassia make a pretty big difference.

Without Alpha Quadrant fortifications and strongholds the Alliance could kick the Dominion off the rebellious Gamma worlds who hate the Dominion and start damaging their major facilities. It is the difference between losing Saigon (Who cares) and Boston (Crap).

They are more vulnerable to attack, not less even with a extra troops. They don't want Fed, Car, Klg, Rom Alliance Ships smashing the Gamma Quadrant is all.
The AQ powers have all gone through a big war, the GQ Dominion hasn't (as far as we know). The point I was making is the AQ powers won the war, but were weakened, the Dominion lost the war but could end up stronger.

Even if they did all ally together they probably don't equal as much of a treat as they did pre-war. The Klingons will take a decade to recover, the Cardassians got blitzed by the Alliance and then the Dominion at the end and the Federation lost fleets and planets (Romulan losses are pretty unknown, though we know the Dominion could reach their planets). They are in no shape to take the war to the Gamma Quadrant, especially given, as far as we know, the GQ Dominion hasn't had to fight a massive war and is reinforced by its returning forces (that bring knowledge and experience of fighting the AQ powers).

The Dominion lost the war, but it seems the war was devastating enough for the AQ that they did succeed in removing the AQ powers as a significant risk to them in the GQ for a while.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote