View Single Post
Old February 20 2013, 03:08 PM   #19
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Re: Adventures in Space & Time & Misdirection?

Starkers wrote: View Post
I still don’t get why people are that upset about a 60 minute special. I think they can fit more into that time than you think. Look at PotD and WoM, both were an hour long and, quite frankly, both had a lot of padding. The Five Doctors was 90 minutes yes, but how much of that was stock footage of Tom and Lalla, and how much was Doctor’s chatting with their companions?
I don't think it's too much to ask for a (short) movie length story to celebrate the 50th. That's quite a milestone and a truly epic story is in order. Plus, I like all that chatting. When that originally aired it was quite a nice reunion! I'd hate to rush that sort of stuff.

But, it's also the implication that there won't be many old Doctors and companions (if any). If the episode was 50% longer, they'd be able to include more. Who knows how much longer some of the older actors will be around? Let's not have a situation like that with Nicholas Courtney repeat itself.

If they were to spread all of that out across multiple episodes, that would be totally fine. But, they're so darned tight lipped about things, which makes it appear like they don't really know what they're doing and it dampens enthusiasm. Contrast that to Big Finish where big things are afoot and they're building the excitement.

Also, a 2 parter that spans the anniversary special and the Christmas specail would also be very cool.

And, I don't give a flying flip who's one Strictly.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote