View Single Post
Old February 20 2013, 10:19 AM   #610
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic anticipation thread.

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
Is there anyone on Red Eclipse that would be willing to help my sniper get through the Black Talon? Seems like everyone is running dps and aren't interested in teaming up with a sniper.

I could also use advice on setting up my hotbar (for low level). I found some guides for setting up lvl 50 snipers, but I don't have those abilities yet. I've tried setting up the abilities that I want, but as soon as I go to "cover", the bar changes...

I also picked up an emote for threaten or something like that, but can't find it in abilities anywhere. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Sure. PM me your character's name and I'll meet you on the fleet. My operative could do with the social points.

As for the hotbar; it's a pain, but cover classes actually have an extra bar that switches with #1 whenever you take cover. The way I do it is that I take the abilities that can only be used in cover off the main bar and those that can't be used in cover are only on the main bar. Preferably in the equivalent slots.

For example, with my operative the second and third buttons are set to the two vibroknife attacks on the "walking" bar while the "cover" bar uses those to slots for snipe and the explodey probe wotsit.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote