View Single Post
Old February 20 2013, 10:03 AM   #4
MikeS
Fleet Captain

Re: Episode of the Week: 2x04 The Outrageous Okona

During this rewatch I have often commented on how I have remembered an episode too harshly or too fondly. No such problem here.

What a steaming pile of shit.

Were they trying for Romeo & Juliet with this story? And the character of Okona, was he supposed to be Han Solo or Harry Mudd? Even the HD upgrade seems half arsed and unsure of itself - Did anyone else notice the tractor beam shot after the opening credits - blurry and seemingly of a lower quality than even SD.

One question - during the prolonged scene where Worf is sent to get Okona from the red-head's quarters (let us ignore the fact that "red" ignores her bridge officers order by continuing to kiss Okona), he growls at Okona and says "I like that, but I have my orders", and Okona replies "some other time?". WTF was going on there?! Did Okona grab his dick or something?

With regards the "comedy" b-story, I always wondered how they managed to make a fine comedic actor like Whoopi, unfunny. I think I realise now, this was never meant to be amusing. It is sad. And I felt sad for Data at the end.

<clutches at straws> Teri Hatcher was attractive.