View Single Post
Old February 20 2013, 06:09 AM   #5904
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post

Wonder Woman I'd argue would need a movie to erase the 80s TV series version of her to bring audiences "up to date" on what her character is. And as mentioned before Aquaman certainly needs to reprogram people about him. Hell his OWN COMIC in the New 52 needed to do that!
You brought up that argument in the Justice League movie thread. So, to save time, I'll quote you wrote I wrote there:

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
If anything Aquaman would need the "hardest" movie to overcome the damage Super Friends did to him.
Who the hell remembers the Super Friends? That was 30 years ago. In the meantime, the Justice League cartoon has come out, Justice League Unlimited, Batman: Brave and the Bold, Young Justice, Smallville.

Why does the Super Friends matter, except to a bunch of aging people? Who aren't the target audience?
And actually, Wonder Woman ended in 1979. So, that's 34 years ago. 34. Seriously, who, besides aging fanboys have ever SEEN or remember Linda Carter as Wonder Woman?

Not only add Wonder Woman to the list of cartoons above, but to video games.

People in their 20s don't know this Linda Carter that you are talking about. Not the general audience that is going to see this movie.

And I think it's also curious you never responded to The Incredibles example. Why doesn't that move require, NAY, DEMAND four movies to set it up? Where was the mass confusion?