Body of Lies - DVD
2013 Oscar-Nominated Shorts, Animated - free admission
2013 Oscar-Nominated Shorts, Live Action - free admission
A Good Day to Die Hard - free admission
Last Chance Harvey - DVD
Paul Williams Still Alive - free admission
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre - DVD
Invasion of the Blood Farmers - free admission

Took me a couple of days to watch 'Salem's Lot, which makes sense since it originally aired as a two-part miniseries.

I think three hours was too long of a run time, and I didn't need the recap in the middle.

I may look for the original '70s version later, just to see if its any different. Haven't read the Stephen King book, either, but that shouldn't be too hard to find.

Watched Body of Lies, 'cause I'm finally startin' to come around to likin' Russell Crowe, and it was in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart. Not a great movie, but it had a good cast, especially Crowe & Mark Strong.

Spent a day before work in the movies, takin' in the animated & live action shorts, and the new Die Hard.

The animated shorts - Paperman, The Longest Daycare, Fresh Guacamole, Adam and Dog, Head Over Heel - also included three "honorable mentions" - Abiogenesis, Dripped and The Gruffalo's Child.

The live action shorts - Henry, Asad, Death of a Shadow, Curfew and Buzkhashi Boys - did not include any "honorable mentions." And Curfew was the only one that wasn't subtitled...

The new Die Hard wasn't that great, but since it has an R ratin', John McClane gets to say "motherfucker", and it didn't have Justin Long as an annoyin' sidekick or Kevin Smith, it was way better than the last Die Hard.

No movies at all on Saturday, since I only had twelve hours off between shifts.

Watched Last Chance Harvey on DVD Sunday. Didn't much care for it, to be honest, since it seemed like the characters go out of their way to alienate Dustin Hoffman's Harvey and then expect him to be nice about it. And Emma Thompson's character really should have been more assertive & honest - she was with Harvey, but not anyone else.

And finally, I got to the Ritz last night for the documentary Paul Williams Still Alive, which has a filmmaker discoverin' that his favorite '70s celebrity isn't dead, and still tours, and decides to follow him around and show the world how awesome he is....

...meh...

...at least it was free.

I'll either be at a free screenin' of Snitch or use my employee discount to see Beautiful Creatures tonight. Haven't decided for sure yet.

- edit, to add -

Well, I started to watch The Treasure of the Sierra Madre on DVD this mornin', wound up dozin' off for a few hours, instead, though...

Woke up in time to get over to the Ritz for Terror Tuesday. This week, they were showin' a low budget horror movie from the early '70s called Invasion of the Blood Farmers. It was about a group of Druids in upstate New York that attacked the locals, harvestin' their blood in an attempt to reawaken their queen.

First time at a Terror Tuesday...this was one of the few times the event didn't sell out, so I was able to get a free ticket.

Now, I'm back to watchin' TTotSM on DVD.

Last edited by od0_ital; February 20 2013 at 09:01 AM.
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote