Thread: New Frontier?
View Single Post
Old February 19 2013, 07:45 AM   #59
JD
Admiral

Re: New Frontier?

Janos wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
You seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions there. While I do agree they might have treated PAD, and Lonemagpie in a crappy manner, I don't think I'd go so far as to accuse them of not being Trek fans or not knowing TrekLit. I believe the people in charge now have been working on Trek since before Marco and Margaret left, so they probably know their stuff. I also find it hard to believe someone who wasn't a Trek fan would have any interest in working on the Trek books.
You don't need to be a ST fan to be a ST prose editor, but it certainly should dividends in the mid-late 1990s when that was the case. In terms of IFM, clearly the editors weren't on top of their own lit nor the plan / character and plot beats going forward. And in terms of PAD and Lonemagpie, they clearly lack business ethics. That said, there have been some great books that came out under this "new" regime lead in IMHO by DTI.
I'm not gonna deny that things surrounding IFM aren't a little screwed up, but I don't know if we really know enough about exactly what was going on at Pocket at the time to start saying things like that is all.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote