Thread: New Frontier?
View Single Post
Old February 19 2013, 01:51 AM   #58
ICW
Lieutenant Commander

Re: New Frontier?

I just don't understand how IFM is supposed to be outright ignored, especially considering how many references Plagues of Night makes of it, including Geordi rationalizing to Spock why he surrendered his rank of Captain and Spock acknowledging Scotty's death

I know David Mack was told to write his Cold Equations trilogy with a clean slate but, by doing so, that undoes any explanation DRGIII attempted to make in Plagues of Night/Raise the Dawn regarding IFM.

So now we have to look at Plagues of Night and Raise the Dawn as two novels who have a gigantic role in the current novel continuity...but also contain a few continuity errors that are now just flat out inconsistent with LaForge's characterization in the Cold Equations trilogy.

I know some author's don't understand why some fans care so much about continuity in the novel-verse...but I think it's a big deal. I guess I just don't understand how such an error could have been made. It's incredibly frustrating but I guess we'll just have to ignore not only IFM but DRGIII's explanation as to what happened in Plagues of Night and Raise the Dawn.

Ugh.
ICW is offline   Reply With Quote