View Single Post
Old February 18 2013, 09:56 PM   #9
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Bungie's Destiny

backstept wrote: View Post
Kelthaz wrote: View Post
Hey, this sounds really cool. I've always wanted an MMOFPS and I really think th --

IGN FAQ wrote:
No PC version?

Nope. Bungie consistently referred to Destiny as a “console shooter.”
Uh, why?

Bungie wrote:
We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to."
wut

I . . . They're seriously missing out on a huge opportunity if they don't bring it to PC. For a franchise they hope to spend 10 years on . . . I'd rather upgrade my PC every few years than play on a 10 year old console or have to buy a whole new console a few years later.
We're so close to the next console generation that I think 360 and PS3 versions of destiny will be nearly pointless.
double wut

It's not people will stop making games for the 360 and the PS3 the moment their successors come out. Games will keep coming out for those systems for a few years yet. The PS3 came out in late 2006 and there were still decent titles coming out for the PS2 into 2010. So, it makes sense that they would support the current generation and the next. Just a question of whether the next gen versions will be unique enough to make the upgrade worthwhile.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote