View Single Post
Old February 18 2013, 04:46 PM   #186
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell
Re: My "Just Saw Insurrection For the First Time" Review.

BillJ wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
...and the Federation's own supposed values should be taken into account.
The Federation Council is made up of 150 distinct cultures. How do we know that these aren't the values of some members? We know the Vulcans are coldly logical and that the Tellarites and Andorians are warrior cultures. Saying the Federation has one set of values is like saying all the disparate cultures on planet Earth have one set of values.
There have to be some core values they agree on, otherwise how can they function as a single political unit?

Doing this to a group of people without their informed consent--indeed, without even warning them you are going to do it, and with intent to actively deceive them when you do it--is simply wrong.
This is where we do agree. I would've moved them but I would've informed them.
I would only have moved them with their permission, as well as adequate compensation. I'm not sure how you can put a price on clinical immortality, though.