View Single Post
Old February 18 2013, 01:38 PM   #74
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: 3 engine rooms in the TOS Enterprise's engineering hull?

Back to the original topic I accidentally discovered an engine room oddity last night which I hadn't noticed earlier.

If we really take a good and close look at the dilithium crystal converter assembly housing on the engine room floors, we'll notice that the two barrel thingies not only have different sizes but it also appears that you can alternately remove the top hatch of one of these barrels and park it on top of the other one.

I had assumed this was one large and compact prop but apparently my assumption was wrong.

If we assume that the smaller barrel is always the closest one to the "cathedral" (i.e. ship's battery, IMHO now) and that's the "warp drive engine room", then there is something different with the engine rooms from "Journey to Babel" an "Elaan of Troyius".

I think I had suggested earlier in this thread that the scenes in these two engine rooms take place in the forward main sensor-deflector engine room.

Bob

P.S. It appears that for the Constellation's engine room they had moved the entire floor casing around 180 to present it in JB and ET style.

Last edited by Robert Comsol; February 18 2013 at 01:56 PM.
Robert Comsol is online now   Reply With Quote