View Single Post
Old February 18 2013, 02:10 AM   #23
Trekker4747
Trekker4747

Re: A Good Day to Die Hard (aka DH5): Grade, Review, Discuss---SPOILER

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
I was already hating the movie after the first chase scene. It's almost all closeup shots that give absolutely no idea of the geography of this chase. At points, I wasn't even sure if McClane was still in the damn chase. Also, this chase must have produced a body count of a least several dozen. Even McClane is driving around murdering innocent people left and right. Then he rolls his car multiple times not once, but twice and still walks away without a scratch. He is not playing his character from Unbreakable.
I agree, that first chase scene was too much, and McClane possibly had a pretty high innocents body/injury count. The camera work in this movie was horrid and yeah the "geography" of that chase is hard to understand. It's odd that McCalne felt the need to steal cars and mow down traffic to catch his son during all of that when it didn't seem like he had a grasp at that point on what was going on. Did he feel it was really worth ending up sitting to next to his son in a Russian "court room" because his son apparently escaped custody?