View Single Post
Old February 17 2013, 11:14 PM   #25
Christopher
Writer

Re: What examples of multiple species from one world are there?

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
Where was that amphibian race mentioned in Destiny? I've searched my copies of the manuscript files (which I still have from when I needed them to write Greater Than the Sum), but there's nothing of the sort in the drafts I have. Although something could've been added in revisions.
One of the admirals talking with Seven in Mere Mortals (I think) is amphibious and Rigelian, but his appearance isn't described in any depth. Admiral Miltakka.
Hmm, that scene isn't in the draft I have, but I found it on Google Books. (I have the physical book on my shelf, but I find it's quicker to do a text search with Google Books.) It describes Captain Miltakka as "amphiboid." Now, the Vanguard writers' bible, also by Dave Mack, describes Chelons as amphibious. Yes, they look like turtles and turtles are reptiles, but they are aliens, after all, so that resemblance can be deceptive. So I'd assume that Miltakka is supposed to be a Chelon.

EDIT: Oh, and I searched for references to Ensign Pzial, and while he was mentioned as having bright red eyes, there's no mention of silver skin that I can find.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote