View Single Post
Old February 17 2013, 10:51 PM   #40
Alex1939
Captain

Re: So I started with this show...

RandyS wrote: View Post
Awesome Possum wrote: View Post
The new BSG was probably one of the best science fiction shows ever made and one of the few where people actually acted like people. Most of the people who have problems with it are mainly upset because it is such a different show and they can't accept that.

I really don't know how anyone could think the original is superior in anyway other than by being a fan of goofy kid characters, robot dogs played by chimps and episode after episode of 70s movie ripoffs.
Speaking for myself only, I prefer the original because the characters didn't wallow in emotions all the time. Sure, they had been through the destruction of their society, but, they picked themselves up and got on with the business of living like real people would do.

New Galactica on the other hand, had the characters wallowing in emotions over stuff that happened BEFORE the destruction of the colonies, and never seemed to put anything behind them. That's not "realism", as the producers would have you believe. It's overly emotional nonsense.

That's what turned me off.

The people you know are nothing like the people I know.