View Single Post
Old February 17 2013, 09:31 PM   #613
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: My first voyage with Voyager

Qutluch wrote: View Post
Before and After

I watched this over a week ago, so I am just going to say that I liked this episode. Kes is one of my favorite characters. I like the mix of sensibility and "character" that she has. She is one of the most caring and forgiving characters that I have seen on Star Trek. I like the quick look into the future, the this-is-what-could-have-been-but-will-never-be glimpse. Kes and Paris...this would have been an interesting combination, and I think I would like it. I think Kes would be good for Paris, I would guess that she would "calm" him down and make him strive to be helpful and good. The whole thing with Kim becoming Paris' son-in-law was quite funny!! Paris a grandfather at 30ish...his parents would never have guessed!! It was sad that Janeway died, but it was also interesting to see a glimpse of Voyager without Janeway. They seemed to have done a decent job without her, at least after their "year of darkness". Overall, I liked the episode. One of my favorite parts was Kes' smirk when everyone tried to get information out of her pertaining to thier futures. My least favorite part is that we will never see this affecting Kes again, but it would logically...no one would see their future, their kids, grandkids, etc., and not have lasting emotion or feelings because of it...

Loved this ep. The biggest "problem" with the ep is that we the audience forget that "our" Voyager will continue to be affected by temporal echoes from the future (that year of darkness you referenced), hence "we will never see this affecting Kes again..."

JANEWAY: Time travel. Ever since my first day in the job as a Starfleet Captain I swore I'm never let myself get caught in one of these god-forsaken paradoxes. The future is the past, the past is the future. It all gives me a headache.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO9x7...tailpage#t=19s

Things I liked? Janeway & Torres didn't stay dead, for one.

Watching Kes age backwards, garnering information and deducing what/where the problem was, for two.

Actually seeing kes give birth AND be born, for three.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbZnoGJR1Zs

And as much as I am a STAUNCH paris/Torres shipper, I really liked the Paris/Kes love story... and because I'm such a STAUNCH Paris/Torres & Janeway/Chakotay shipper, I liked the nods towards their relationships (although one needs a magnifying glass to see the J/C nod.)

After getting the casuality report from the krneim attack, where 13 people died including Janeway & Torres, Chakotay commiserates with Tom...

CHAKOTAY: Tom, I'm going to need you to stay here and treat these people. When this is over we're all going to have a lot of grieving to do.

I liked seeing the Doctor come up with not one but two names for himself... Dr. Van Gogh and Dr Mozart.

Overall, a wonderful ep which will have

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

an interesting reprise in "the future".