Thread: Section 31...
View Single Post
Old February 17 2013, 06:34 PM   #120
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain

Re: Section 31...

Pavonis wrote: View Post
There's no evidence that all 76 people supposedly involved in the Founders' disease development were all S31. Research into Odo's abilities and nature could've been corrupted into a bio weapon.

If research into white mice's genome or proteome were corrupted into a weapon to eradicate them, that doesn't make destruction the original aim of the research. We know S31 can pull people into its activities despite their wishes, like Bashir was. Just because he was involved in a successful S31 operation doesn't make him an operative, even if Sloan considered him one. How many of those 76 were willing participants, or even knowledgeable about the purpose of the research and S31's goal?
You're right. But I think the more interesting choice is to make all 76, or most, complicit. It makes the conspiracy wider and shows how desperate they were....if we forget that Odo was infected before things got really desperate. I for one think this is a plot hole since no one said anything about it.

Edit: The fun thing about threads like this is one finds oneself saying, "I haven't seen "EPISODE X" in quite awhile."...after just watching "Inquisition", I was amused to find "In the Pale Moonlight" is the very next episode.

Last edited by Dale Sams; February 17 2013 at 07:36 PM.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote