View Single Post
Old February 17 2013, 06:26 PM   #608
Qutluch
Commander

Re: My first voyage with Voyager

Before and After

I watched this over a week ago, so I am just going to say that I liked this episode. Kes is one of my favorite characters. I like the mix of sensibility and "character" that she has. She is one of the most caring and forgiving characters that I have seen on Star Trek. I like the quick look into the future, the this-is-what-could-have-been-but-will-never-be glimpse. Kes and Paris...this would have been an interesting combination, and I think I would like it. I think Kes would be good for Paris, I would guess that she would "calm" him down and make him strive to be helpful and good. The whole thing with Kim becoming Paris' son-in-law was quite funny!! Paris a grandfather at 30ish...his parents would never have guessed!! It was sad that Janeway died, but it was also interesting to see a glimpse of Voyager without Janeway. They seemed to have done a decent job without her, at least after their "year of darkness". Overall, I liked the episode. One of my favorite parts was Kes' smirk when everyone tried to get information out of her pertaining to thier futures. My least favorite part is that we will never see this affecting Kes again, but it would logically...no one would see their future, their kids, grandkids, etc., and not have lasting emotion or feelings because of it...