View Single Post
Old February 16 2013, 11:52 PM   #30
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai
Re: MLP:FiM S3E12 - "Magical Mystery Cure" Grading & Discussion

Count Zero wrote: View Post
I don't know if you have seen the movie but it's quite surreal and lacks a coherent storyline.
Ah, so it was the inspiration for this weeks episode.

smiki wrote: View Post
First impressions:

I didn't like it very much.

Sure, the songs were good, the animation was good (I really did enjoy that), it was like a MLP musical, entertaining to watch, but everything else... no.

For one (due to cramming in lots of songs) the episode just felt rushed, it felt like they smashed the plots from two different stories together and didn't give either one a chance to develop. Alicorn Twi... not impressed...
Eeeyup. Perfect summary here:

I don't know who "noobsqoou" is, but I salute him for cooking up the perfect analogy.

brian577 wrote: View Post
Great episode with the exception of the princess elements, they managed to compact the cutie mark swap plot fairly well but it could have benefited from more time. I was bit annoyed however that Celestia purposely set Twilight up to mind screw her friends. There had to be a better way to test her that doesn't involve brainwashing. Overall B, it didn't blow it out of the park but I've been convinced to stick around for season 4.
Ha! You're usually so down on things I was sure you were going to hate this one. Shows what I know, eh?