View Single Post
Old February 16 2013, 03:08 PM   #437
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Buffy season nine discussion thread

Finished reading Buffy The Vampire Slayer #18 and...I have to say that this entire season has been incredibly erratic and it's suffered because of it. I know we've made this point before but it's still seems unfocused, even though there have been obvious seedings throughout the season. Last season might have been over the top and ridiculous at times, but at least it was consistent from start to finish. This has felt badly paced. It reminds me of Grant Morrison's current Action Comics run to be honest. Unlike that though, I've not felt compelled to drop that, like I have this. Angel and Faith has gotten back on track, but Buffy still feels...off to me.

That being said let's get to the book. Dawn appears to be dying of unknown causes...and the only temporary solution right now is for Andrew to do a brain transplant into a Dawn-bot? I don't like the way this particular plot is going right now. I have a bad feeling about it lol. The "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home" homage was fun! Unfortunately that's about the only fun we have in this book. I'm not really invested in this Siphon arc at all. I feel like I'm on the verge of dropping this again...

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote