View Single Post
Old February 16 2013, 02:59 AM   #86
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: FAULTY - the two worst TOS remastering mistakes

Hambone wrote: View Post
I'm in agreement with Bob Justman on this:

TrekMovie: Speaking of computers, have you had a chance to see the new remastered Star Trek.

Robert Justman: I have seen it and I’m thrilled. Because for the first time since its first release, the film, the individual cells look the way we envisioned them when we first shot the show. It is the closest thing to the original dailies, because they are fresh and pristine. (i.e. the original live-action footage) I had this discussion with Jerry Finnerman that I wanted a strong key light. I said ‘Jerry ever been to any of these planets and who knows what it is like, I don’t want to be like it is in this room…I want to see color where you least expect it’.

TM: How do you feel about the new CGI shots, some of which are different than the originals, are you concerned they are making changes?

RJ: No, as long as it makes the show better I would be happy. It is like it was with Next Gen. We were able to do things we couldn’t do before and I was all for it. It is like being in a candy store. So if you are not harming the show it is OK. I guess some might say "you are harming the show for me." Well I can’t help that. Anything that makes the show better is better for the show and is better for the viewer.
Me too, especially his messages between the lines (he spoke like a true diplomat). Now, did the CGI effects "make the show better"?

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote