View Single Post
Old February 16 2013, 01:16 AM   #32
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Indiana Jones and the Magic Fridge

The fridge part I can "buy" it's "plausible" enough to wave away. But the way the fridge "landed" is too much. It was blown miles away by the shockwave and crash landed and then bounced around on a rocky desert floor before coming to a rest. Indy walks out perfectly fine.

It's just one of those things that is hard to accept no matter how many fantastical of things have happened in the past. It just looked utterly silly and not like something at all one could survive. The awning fall and the liferaft fall both were shown to look "kinda" like it could be survivable. Because they didn't show the liferaft landing on the mountain side going Mach-1, tumbling off numerous rocky crags and crashing into things before finally coming to a rest at the bottom of the mountain with Indie looking fine and Willie's hair simply being messed up a little with her screeching about it.

The mine-cart scene is a little OTT and silly. But even then it's a bit of an "eh... whatever."

I don't think Crystal Skull buys enough forgiveness to wave around the absurd fridge landing.