View Single Post
Old February 15 2013, 05:44 PM   #157
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: My "Just Saw Insurrection For the First Time" Review.

BillJ wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
There was no ongoing genocide or threat of such during the KCW. It was an internal conflict over political succession. You're acting like it's the same thing. It isn't.
Nor was there the threat of genocide to the Ba'ku. The S'ona were perfectly happy to scoop them up and move them until Picard got involved.
That was with Federation involvement and help. I don't think it's safe to assume the So'na would have behaved so "civilly" if they believed they were free to act with impunity. Involving the Federation was a calculated risk to avoid an accidental conflict with the Feds while achieving the same result--and it would have worked, if not for Data's unexpected "malfunction."

Ru'afo clearly had revenge on his mind. Without a Starfleet presence to temper his behavior, I don't see what would've stopped him from simply bombing the Ba'ku village into oblivion, or just starting the metaphasic harvesting process without giving a damn about the Ba'ku. The Feds provided the holoship, after all. The So'na didn't seem to have any other accommodations in mind for the Ba'ku, except (apparently) a makeshift brig/cargo bay.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote