View Single Post
Old February 15 2013, 05:20 PM   #149
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: My "Just Saw Insurrection For the First Time" Review.

BillJ wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
If the So'na showed up to outright slaughter the Ba'ku, that's a totally different kettle of fish, and the Feds would be right to help when asked. If the PD says the Feds can't intervene in such a situation, it's incredibly inhumane.
Why? If Starfleet has admitted to allowing worlds/civilizations to fall under the auspices of the Prime Directive why provide an exception for the Ba'ku?

Plus, a distress signal from the Ba'ku would seem unlikely. They didn't seem to have any usable technology and they would have to get outside of the Briar Patch for the signal to even reach anyone.
It's been well-established that when people ask for help, the PD doesn't apply.

If the Ba'ku never got a distress call out to anyone, of course, it's a moot point.
"You are one of the most unpleasant individuals I have encountered on this forum. I have no respect for you, and I doubt I ever will, since you keep insisting on being a complete and utter ass." - Timewalker
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote