View Single Post
Old February 14 2013, 10:02 PM   #43
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: William Shatner Calls J.J. Abrams "a Pig" for Hogging Both Star Tr

Loskene wrote: View Post
Don't be silly, you should go watch or rewatch some Star Trek episodes, of some of them do. I am surprised someone on this sight didn't know that there were explosions in "old" or real Star Trek. They do a great job of accenting the story usually.

The first Movie is not really Star Trek like and the second isn't measuring up to be either.
They said that about Wrath of Khan in '82. Just read "Indiana Skywaker Meets the Son of Star Trek" in Best of Trek #7.
I them them to explore strange new places, seek out new life and new civilizations and boldly go where no man has gone before. This one takes place on Earth where they have to stop a dangerous new enemy that threats to destroy the... Ect Ect.
In just the first nine minutes of Into Darkness, we meet new aliens on a strange new world, which Kirk and crew are saving from extinction.

One could also argue that Earth is a "strange new world" in Trek. 45 years and all we've ever seen is a couple of military installations and sleepy back streets. I want to see what life is like for those who aren't quasi-military space explorers in the 23rd century.