View Single Post
Old February 14 2013, 09:26 PM   #647
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: Farscape or Babylon 5?

I find it surprising you find the Political situation so hard to believe. Just look at what we've allowed happen in the US since 09-11-01. Our Government hasn't even instituted Draconian measures, and we've allowed our Cell Phones to be tapped and monitored, we've allowed the President to have the power to invade any country at any time (including America) with Drone attacks against a private hit list, including American citizens, that he doesn't have to answer to or justify to anyone. Sure Democrats are comfortable with Pres. Obama having this power, but, they sure wouldn't have liked it if President Romney inherited it. What if Nixon had this kind of unchecked power?

Right after 9/11/01, as a country, we so scared of Al Quaeda, look how overwhelmingly Congress voted approval to invade Iraq, and all the other things, that go against both Left and Right Wing positions that they let go through, overwhelmingly. Our Government has even been heard saying things like "we'll have to pass the Health Care Bill to know what's in it" and "Never let an emergency go to waste" (When referring to always making sure you push your agenda during an emergency) and we the people defend them and make excuses for what "They really meant"

All this without stacking the Government with supporters, without Sedition laws and such that B5 has at this time. With the right creep in office as President, things could get much, much worse.

Look at the folks who watch FOX News and listen to Talk radio how they eat up everything they say, or likewise with MSNBC and CNN who have opposite slants.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?

Last edited by Sindatur; February 14 2013 at 09:37 PM.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote