View Single Post
Old February 14 2013, 07:22 PM   #129
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Uhura replacing McCoy/Bones?

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
OMG.....I started this post so people can have an honest discussion of Uhura,the role of women and feminism.However seeing some of the comments here only proves that women still have a long way to.
You were OK, thus far (though I confess to being a little skeptical about how honest a discussion you had in mind when you started this thread.)

However, since I also brought this sort of thing up in another thread this morning:

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
...yet the fan boys are giving Jim a pass...

...all you male dominant fan boys...

However the fanboys hails Jim as their hero...

Shame on you...Hey fanboys go listen to Beyonce's run the world.
As I said in that other thread (and as we both know that I've said to you on more than one occasion before) it ought to be possible to criticize or to mock positions taken or opinions stated without taking swipes at the people who express them. This seeming inability to avoid making things personal has been a recurring problem for you from your earliest posts on this forum, and here's where I draw the line:

Don't do it again.

At all.

Just as you are not your opinion, other people are not theirs. If you continue to be unable to keep people and their opinions separate, then you probably shouldn't be posting on this forum. If you insist upon taking personal swipes at other posters for expressing opinions with which you do not agree, then you need to take that behavior off TrekBBS and post it somewhere else, because here it will henceforth earn you warnings.

I sincerely hope that I have made myself clear.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote