Thread: Your job...
View Single Post
Old February 14 2013, 12:49 PM   #40
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Your job...

Garrett wrote: View Post
I really love my job.

I'm a build engineer for a team of about 40 engineers developing embedded firmware. Most of my job has been implementing a fully automated continuous integration system, including providing our dayly and weekly. We're almost there, but still have some hiccups. I also sometimes play Git guru.

We're always learning, which is a lot of fun. As is the day to day problem solving in implementing new processes or fixes to those already existing. Personally, it's also been great for forcing me to come out of my shell. There's a lot of internal and partner customer support that goes with the job. Plus presentations and that sort of thing.
That sounds a lot like my job. PM me if you want to compare notes sometime. I've learned a lot in the process of setting up my current workplace with continuous integration and git source control. Been doing the whole tools/process improvement thing for about 10 years now.
"You are one of the most unpleasant individuals I have encountered on this forum. I have no respect for you, and I doubt I ever will, since you keep insisting on being a complete and utter ass." - Timewalker
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote