View Single Post
Old February 14 2013, 04:08 AM   #69
Collingwood Nick
Vice Admiral

Re: No attempt to clone The Big Bang Theory yet?

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Pretty much it which is why some maybe react so harsh against Big Bang calling it shit or something else because they believe it's making a mockery of the sub culture.

That's open for debate but as Spot said the steretypes in the show are not far off from reality and i have some similarities to the guys on the show myself which is why i find the show so funny because at times you need to be able to laugh about yourself.

The shows' golden seasons were 1-2, maybe 3 (the time where they actually made science jokes but a little bit of general knowledge and a bit of interest in science was easily enough to get most jokes) but they did downgrade the complexity of the humor once the show hit really big and became one of the most successful current sitcoms.
Pretty much agree 100% with this. The first two seasons had me in stitches, but the rest barely get a smirk out of me. They've moved from 'these guys are geniuses' to 'these guys play with cool toys and read comics'. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not as funny.

Sheldon is pretty much the only reason to watch the show. Geez that kid whinges a lot though. You'd think someone as smart as he would have learned to adapt to life a little better.