View Single Post
Old February 13 2013, 11:53 PM   #269
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Re: More Star Wars films announced

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
My current personal ranking of the six existing Saga episodes and the big-screen Clone Wars animated film:

1. V- ESB
2. IV- ANH
3. VI- ROTJ
4. III- ROTS
5. I- TPM
6. II- AOTC
7. The Clone Wars

I'll think about where the two Ewok movies fall later.
I would rate them about the same. But I'd actually flip-flop TPM and ROTJ. I think TPM is much better than most give it credit for (once you get past Jar-Jar), and I also think ROTJ really struggles at times. I think if it weren't for the nostalgia goggles, most would view it much differently.

In fact, it was the first Star Wars film I ever saw and put me off of the franchise for almost a decade until I finally rented ANH and ESB in high school out of peer pressure.

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
On the plus side, I think the final scene in AOTC, the marriage of Anakin and Padmé, is the best closing scene of all six films.
Agreed. I'll even go a step further and say it's one of the best scenes in the entire saga. The final scene in ROTS is nearly as good.

Say what you will about Lucas, but the guy can frame a shot as well as any of his contemporaries. In some ways, I'd even argue he's better than Kubrick, who was sort of a one-trick pony, in that regard.