View Single Post
Old February 13 2013, 11:06 PM   #267
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

Re: More Star Wars films announced

AOTC gets bogged down in the middle section.

On the plus side, I think the final scene in AOTC, the marriage of Anakin and Padmé, is the best closing scene of all six films. That includes ANH, which is second. I just think Anakin and Padmé's love theme [or whatever it's called] is magnificent. It has just the right dash of evoking star-crossed lovers while maintaining a common melodic heritage with Obi-Wan's theme. The way the scene is cut, and the way it leads into the end credits, is just tops to me.

I also like the part earlier in the film when Padmé declares her love for Anakin, as they are getting taken out to the arena, again to the same music.

Of course, the merging of the OT stormtroopers with Boba Fett was utterly brilliant, and I can't say that enough.

Obi-Wan's fight with Jango was pretty well done, although I don't like some of the jumps. The speeder chase through the capital was nice. The end battle is of course a blast. I didn't even hate Yoda's duel with Dooku too much.

But, the middle part was just plodding and ultimately boring; it drags the rest of the film down. Lucas's way of curring back and forth across the galaxy without resolving anything pretty much reached it's nadir in that film. Oh, and I'd almost blocked out the scenes on Naboo earlier in the film, but now they're coming back to me.