View Single Post
Old February 13 2013, 05:55 PM   #135
Spocky8492
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Sword of Damocles -- comments & opinions ****SPOILERS*****

Sorry for necro-posting this topic, but I just finished Sword of Damocles and I wanted to say a few words about it.

I had trouble to enter in the story. The epilogue at the beginning was not clear for me. The beginning of the book is quite slow. Ok, we follow the different species of the Titan and we learn more about the different characters but I wasn't hooked.
But only until the shuttle was sent away. Then everything changed and I was really captivated. The characters are in danger, there is suspens, the tension grows progressively, there are twist and the author succeeded to surprise me, particularly when appears the notion of time. Each chapter finishes with a cliffhanger or a revelation and I couldn't stop to read it.

I like stories about time travels when I have to scratch my head and it was the case for this book. Sometimes it was a little confused for me, maybe because of my English level, but with the author annotations and the topics on this board, it was clearer. And it has not diminished my reading pleasure.

The final chapter with the anonymous characters was not clear for me, but again with the topics on this board I finally understood who was who. I'm a big fan of Riker, so I regret seeing him so little in this novel but I might be more lucky in the next books.

In conclusion I really appreciate reading this fourth book of the Titan series.
I hope I made myself clear as English is not my native language it's not easy for me to write a review.
Spocky8492 is offline   Reply With Quote