View Single Post
Old February 13 2013, 05:39 PM   #54
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Re: Do you believe there is someone for every person?

I don't believe in "soul mates" in the sense that there is one specific person out there who we are destined to be with. I do think, however, that there are multiple potential matches out there. You just have to put yourself out there, be open, be honest and be willing to take a chance. Also, you shouldn't feel pressured to rush out and find someone because these things can take time. You may experience a number of unsuccessful/awkward/bad first dates before you finally find someone who you're compatible with, and even that is no guarantee that you'll be able to establish and maintain a relationship long-term.

I can understand why people get jaded about relationships/dating. Sometimes you feel like you're just wasting your time because you haven't found that special someone. Unfortunately, that's just the way it works. You just have to be open and keep chugging along until you find the right match. And often times it comes when you least suspect it. (I recently met someone quite randomly... I don't know where it's going yet... and it may just be a flash in the pan... but I'm going to follow through because who knows, maybe it could turn into something good.... I'll never know unless I try).
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote