View Single Post
Old February 13 2013, 03:34 AM   #36
Shanndee
Commodore

Re: Do you believe there is someone for every person?

B.J. wrote: View Post
Just to put another datapoint on all of this (and possible give J. some hope!), I do believe that there is the perfect person out there for some people, and I believe in love at first sight. That's because it's what happened to me. Met my wife 19 years ago next month, been married for 15 1/2, and still very much in love. We've never had a fight, hardly ever disagreed, and have frequently accused each other of sharing a brain. What's amazing to me is not that we really do fit perfectly together, but it's that we met by complete random chance. Had either of us been 5 minutes off, we would have never met.
I loved reading this B.J! It is very much like my relationship with my husband! We have been married 14 years (together for 18) and we are still very happy, don't fight, and often finish each others sentences. It wasn't completely random when we met...but it was accidental. So, never give up hope!

...and to the people who believe they will always be alone or don't believe in love...when you are that negative everyone around you can see it. No-one (including potential new friends) wants to be around that much negativity. It only brings them down as well. It then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

I know it is incredibly difficult...but becoming a more positive person attracts people. (I speak from experience here...I used to feel the way you do...) It is not easy, but it is really important to be positive and to learn to like yourself.

I'll get off my soap box now.

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is online now   Reply With Quote