Old February 13 2013, 02:05 AM   #1789
AdmiralScreed
Captain

Re: Does It Get Better???

exodus wrote: View Post
AdmiralScreed wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Really??
You've rarely given most of the episodes from any season lower than a 6 in your ratings, so you've given the impression that you've been enjoying the entire series for the most part.
Well, the scores I give are somewhat relative. As in, an 8/10 means that an episode is well above average next to other episodes of the same show. But if you took an 8/10 on Voyager and compared it to an 8/10 on say TNG or DS9, the latter episodes would win out in my favor.

So with that said, most of my complaints about Voyager are due to the high standard its predecessors TNG and DS9 set. It's a fine show, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't have the same complexity, drama, and development that made DS9 and TNG so great.
So, a 8/10 on DS9 & TNG means more than a 8/10 for Voyager, because you like DS9 & TNG more?
That's a pretty bias way to rate & review, don't you think?
I didn't come into this show with any kind of bias. The previous Star Trek shows I watched set a very high standard, so my hope and expectation was that Voyager would measure up. It hasn't, and that is not a result of any bias, but rather a result of some of the poor decision-making by the show runners.