View Single Post
Old February 12 2013, 10:57 PM   #21
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: Do you believe there is someone for every person?

J. Allen wrote: View Post
I do think in terms of rationality, but as I say, I am a romantic, and so there are romanticisms that make little logical sense that I like to entertain.
I'm a romantic turned rationalist. I used to believe in a one, but I decided: fuck that shit. Theree are so many wondeful people that surely there is high enough probability to make it work with several of those? I mean, not at the same time, I don't want to move to Utah or anything.
Kestra wrote: View Post
You can't go looking for someone to make your life whole. I've been on the receiving end of that and it's way too much pressure. Learn to be a whole person and attach your life to another's because you want to, not because you need to.
Also this. More parts of Kestra's post, but especially this. I did this. I defined my happiness with a relationship and basically lived for one girl. And that is dangerous as I found out.

Kes also make the point of making one self attractive to a wide range of people, and J. as you bring up you are aware of your "shortcomings". And that's a great place to start. I know that with certain types of women, I will never have a shot, for they will never see past my physique or my geekness. And while I'm totally fine with that, I wouldn't want to be with them anyway, it does also help me make boundaries of what I focus my energy on.

And J., you know I know what you mean with filling that hole in your life. That need for companionship. Also, sex.

I don't quite know what else to say except...bro hug?