View Single Post
Old February 12 2013, 10:15 PM   #19
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Do you believe there is someone for every person?

J. Allen wrote: View Post

teacake wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Unless you're some kind of psychopathic murderer rapist, there is someone out there for you. Sometimes they're hard to spot, and if you're not paying attention, they will probably pass you by.
Or you'll pass them by because you are a douche. Or so full of your ideals you don't see real people. Or welded to some beauty standard that dismisses 95% of everyone including yourself though you don't realize that.

Not you personally RoJo .. but really I think "how likable, flexible, able to allow another person into my life am I" is a question that many should ask. It's not about "where is MY SPESHUL PERSON?!" as much as "am I ready to be someone else's special person?"

And no reflection on the OP either, just the topic.
BAM! Right on the money, when it comes to how I see things. I consider myself absurdly flexible in some respects, and I wouldn't force someone to contort themselves to my idea of perfection. Personally, I don't believe in a literal perfection, though emotionally I may consider someone "perfect".
I agree...to a point. I am very open and accepting of most people, and as a result I have a lot of very good friends (more, honestly, than I ever thought I could have). But when it comes to finding one's "soulmate" or "life partner" or whatever, I think there is good reason to be picky.

Sure, I could be happy living with somebody and starting a family with somebody and probably be generally content, but I personally want something more than that. Being content is boring.