View Single Post
Old February 12 2013, 09:08 PM   #7
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Do you believe there is someone for every person?

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Unless you're some kind of psychopathic murderer rapist, there is someone out there for you. Sometimes they're hard to spot, and if you're not paying attention, they will probably pass you by.
Actually, statistically speaking, there is someone out there for a psychopathic murderer rapist. We've seen the end results, but yes. Also, that's a bit grim, isn't it?

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Oh, my dear! You are far too rational for that!

And before teacake ninja's me:
I have an undying love of Tim Minchin.
I do think in terms of rationality, but as I say, I am a romantic, and so there are romanticisms that make little logical sense that I like to entertain.

Ood Sigma wrote: View Post
I think the problem is in assuming that there's only one person who you are truly compatible with. I think we romanticize the notion of a "soul mate". It may be difficult for people who have trouble expressing their feelings to others, but I think if you are serious about finding someone, anyone should be able to. Just don't limit yourself and wonder if he/she's "the one" and pass up a good thing in search of some nebulous "something better".
Oh, certainly. In my initial post I make certain to say that there is at least one other person, and I allow for the chance that there are many, many more.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote