View Single Post
Old February 12 2013, 11:41 AM   #105
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

Re: Uhura replacing McCoy/Bones?

UFO wrote: View Post
As I have said before (or if not I should have!), if Spock was so concerned about an obvious potential conflict of interest (a bit late btw) he should have excused himself from making Uhura's assignment. Now, especially in what was clearly a temporary assignment (where-after they should have all gone back to the academy to complete their damned training ), Uhura had no right to question her posting. There could easily have been a good reason for placing her on a another ship. Besides, if you start by letting people choose their own favourite billets (no matter how "entitled" and full of their own importance they are), where will it end?
So very true

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
UFO wrote: View Post
To quote the great John McEnroe: "You CAN NOT be serious!" Now I have heard it said the two McCoys are rather similar. They must be who you are thinking of.
No, it's not. What aspects of the old Uhura were left out, in your opinion?
Well lets see. They left in she was black and communications officer...after that I draw a blank. There are no other similarities between the two characters.

But then again there was no way they could ever match Nichelle Nichols.