Old February 11 2013, 07:19 PM   #35
Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD
Tom Hendricks

View Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD's Twitter Profile
Re: Unexpected Wildlife Encounters

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post

Moose were a common fixture at Eielson. I sure remember trying to escape their attention whenever I saw one, especially when they had their kids in tow. My parents' van almost got rammed by an angry mama moose once--as in, it charged and the van barely got out of the way in time.

When I was a kid living in small town Illinois, I found a dead bat on the stairs inside the house. My mother didn't believe me when I told her it was there, until I stabbed it with a fork and brought it to her. (I knew better than to touch a dead wild animal.)

One time while living in Indiana, my neighbor had a raccoon in her garage. We were trying to shoo it out, and it climbed up onto the automatic opener dealie. Trying to scare it out, I hit the button to start opening the door, and it thrashed and globs of something fell out onto the car. My neighbor's daughter started screaming, "you're squishing it!" But no, it had just shit itself in fear. It ran out of the garage, never to be seen again. Crazy ass raccoon.
Were you stationed at Eielson?
My father was, so I spent 4 years up there.
What years? I was there 87 to 90. Usually don't meet to many people who were at Eielson.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD is offline   Reply With Quote