View Single Post
Old February 11 2013, 12:25 AM   #43
tighr
Commodore

Re: No attempt to clone The Big Bang Theory yet?

billcosby wrote: View Post
TBBT often uses plot devices and themes that are entrenched in science fiction, real science or otherwise situations that revel in the joy of nerdiness (new comic books, the release of a classic film with several seconds of new footage, blowing a shitload of cash on a movie prop, etc).
The most recent episode of TBBT did not invoke a single plot device or theme related to nerd culture beyond the simple relationship cluelessness of nerds. I could easily see the episode being reworked into a 2.5 Men episode simply by changing the names of the characters.

The plot revolved around [Leonard] being spoiled by [Sheldon] regarding a plot point in a Harry Potter book (not nerdy in the slightest). In response, he decides to move out, into [Penny]'s apartment. This opens up the door for [Amy] to move in to [Sheldon's apartment]. Ultimately, the issue is resolved by [Penny] and [Sheldon]'s mutual desire to not live with their S.O., and status quo being returned. A subplot involves [Raj] being forced to spend the weekend with [Howard's mother], who smothers him much to his discontent. [Howard and Bernadette] attend a retreat for [Bernadette's] company and attempt to have Cirque Du Soleil sex.

There were some tangential references to props in the apartment (action figure, Game of Thrones sword), but those wouldn't necessarily be out of place in a 2.5 Men episode anyway.

Let's 2.5 Men this:
The plot revolved around [Alan] being spoiled by [Charlie/Ashton] regarding a plot point in a Harry Potter book (not nerdy in the slightest). In response, he decides to move out, into [current whats-her-face]'s apartment. This opens up the door for [current slut] to move in to [Charlie/Ashton's house]. Ultimately, the issue is resolved by [what's-her-face] and [Charlie/Ashton]'s mutual desire to not live with their S.O., and status quo being returned. A subplot involves [Jake] being forced to spend the weekend with [Charlie's mother], who smothers him much to his discontent. [I dunno, some minor characters, maybe Judith and Herb] attend a retreat for [Judith/Herb's] company and attempt to have Cirque Du Soleil sex.

Wow, that was actually easier than I thought it was going to be. I could probably sell that script to any number of sitcom shows...