View Single Post
Old February 10 2013, 11:17 PM   #25
JustKate
Rear Admiral

Re: "10 Reasons Deep Space Nine Was Cruelly Misjudged"

M wrote: View Post
garaks the best wrote: View Post
I love nana visitor/kira in my opinion she is by far the best female character on star trek.
Couldn't agree more! Nana Visitor is the best actress to grace the main cast of a Trek show. And Kira has always been one of my favorite characters of all the series. I'm puzzled that some viewers might be put off by her.
I think Kira was a fabulous character. I disagree that she was whiny. What she was was was bitchy, but I don't intend that to be at all derogatory. I loved how abrasive and prickly she was. Those were among the qualities that made her such a memorable and realistic character. And I agree with those who say she's the best regular female character in all of Trek.

BillJ wrote:
Visitor always came up short for me partially because of the nasally, whiny voice. But also because she simply gets blown out of the water by Michelle Forbes performance in Ensign Ro. Forbes pulled me into the Bajoran plight through a haunted recollection of the death of her father.
I liked Ensign Ro, too, but jeez, what's the point in comparing a performance that lasted just a few episodes to one that lasted seven years? I think you're idealizing Forbes just a bit, BillJ. She was great...for those few episodes. She might have been great on DS9, too, but we'll never know, will we?

Last edited by JustKate; February 10 2013 at 11:31 PM.
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote