View Single Post
Old February 9 2013, 11:29 PM   #17
plynch
Commodore

View plynch's Twitter Profile
Re: White House Petition to Restore/Preserve and Move the Enterprise M

Dream wrote: View Post
The National Air & Space Museum paid for the model right? They should to do as they wish. At least they are displaying it instead of storing it in box. What gives the government the right to take the model away from them?
Um... you are kidding, right? Along the lines of "Keep your government hands off my Medicare"?

And this all follows from the 11-footer thread I tried to steer people to: comments that the E has always been an unwanted-stepchild to a museum established for artifacts that, you know, actually flew, in real life. And that the Museum of History is where we store our cultural icons, like Archie Bunker's chair and Dizzy Gillespie's trumpet.

NOT trying to convince you about the proper museum -- think what you think. Just 'splainin. And hoping you really were pulling our legs on the "government" line, above.

EDIT: Maurice, on the other thread, wrote "Write your Congresspeeps." Turns out he might have been righter than I, since looking up the Smithsonian online has taught me it is overseen by Congress; I assumed the executive branch. Go figure. And I sent a separate email to Pres. Obama letting him know about the petition since he's a Trek fan. Oh well, maybe he'll work this into the Grand Bargain with Boehner.