View Single Post
Old February 8 2013, 08:55 PM   #46
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Re: NBC's 'Do No Harm' = Biggest Flop in Network TV History!

the G-man wrote: View Post
Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
the G-man wrote: View Post

According to my wife (who is/was a fan), Smash isn't working this season because the whole "who will play Marilyn" arc is more or less over and all that's left is typical relationship soap opera show stuff. Sounds like it would have been better as a limited series or a show like American Horror Story where they follow a different cast of characters each season.
Smash wasn't working last season either. At least with the Marilyn thing there was a hook. But, it was awful television then, and the new team didn't save it--which, personally, would require dropping some of the "names" from the cast... I'm looking at you, McPhee--a truly awful actress.

The badness of Smash was baked in last season. There is no changing it. NBC wasted there resources bringing it back. It was about ego. That's the only reason it came back.
You may or may not be right. I don't watch it. But the impression I got from her was at least last season was campy fun and this season isn't.
There were some unintentional camp elements last year... and I would argue they are still there... One of the main characters suddenly is in a "Would I Lie To You" musical number. I thought I was having a stroke. It was... words fail.