View Single Post
Old February 8 2013, 01:31 AM   #32
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: No attempt to clone The Big Bang Theory yet?

tighr wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Love that the show is "shit" and "garbage" yet the people making these claims have watched "quite a few" or every episode!
I watched the Jackass movies, too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to nominate them for the Best Picture Oscar. I'll freely admit to having watched stupid crap on TV.

As I said, the reason they are ratings juggernauts is because they are bland and formulaic and easy to digest by the greatest numbers of people. They don't upset any demographics, and they don't make any waves. They don't put forth any sort of thoughtful dialog, they just try to cram as many fart jokes into 22 minutes as possible, surrounded by laugh tracks.

I'm a fan of shows like Community (which aired in the same timeslot as TBBT), but those shows get canceled because they don't appeal to a broad audience. And rightfully so, the networks have to make money, but its still disappointing.
If it's shit I don't watch it. Yeah, I watch Community, too. Great show. Troy and Abed are "nerds in blackface",too. But being on a "quirky intellectual" show makes it okay.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote