Old February 7 2013, 08:20 PM   #42
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: What were they thinking? AVENGERS style TREK

Ketrick wrote: View Post
The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Ketrick wrote: View Post
I can't really address your tastes, but if I were given the power to make this adaptation, I would do it as a way of giving that era of Trek the proper sendoff it deserves and other than animated adaptations of the Star Trek: Odyssey trilogy and Star Trek: Countdown, I would do nothing else in that era or most likely any of the 24th century.
You're speaking as a fan, and that's fine. But filmmakers don't make films because they want to give fictional eras their proper sendoff. Most of them just want to make good movies.
You're absolutely right. However, as I said in a prior post, if written and directed well, I believe these films would be successful. I will also state that I believe they would be considered among the best science fiction films made in the past twenty years or so.
I don't think they rank with the best sci-fi books of the last twenty years and I don't think they're even the best David Mack books.

A Time to Kill/A Time to Heal would work much better and connect with the audience in an emotional way.