View Single Post
Old February 7 2013, 07:30 PM   #30
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Re: Combating Complacency

First off, I would take at least a little bit of time to enjoy the fact that you're satisfied with your life. Bask in the comfort and peace that it brings. Many of us only dream of reaching that point, and it also often doesn't last forever.

I've been complacent before. It lasted for a period of time, and then I realized that I was doing absolutely nothing and that my life was feeling pretty empty. I needed excitement. I needed to be doing... something. Over the last few years, I've gradually been "shaking things up". I'll do something that I hadn't done before. I've also been doing a lot of soul searching and self analysis. Am I really happy with my life? What areas need improvement? What would I need to make myself happy? What do I want? Asking these kinds of questions - and being honest with yourself - can lead to a whole new list of goals to work towards. For the past year or so I've really been focusing on mine.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote